Tips I Have Learned About Foot Soaks

    Over the years, I have done so many foot soaks. I have even got my children enjoying this practice. The first thing I was surprised to learn in my Foot Care textbook was that foot soaks should only be 10-15mins maximum. For Diabetics, even less, a maximum of 5 minutes!

     Frequent, or lengthy, foot soaks can actually dry out your feet. It is best to add some oils to your water to prevent drying your skin.



     Well I am a huge fan of nice long baths as well... And over the last couple years I have noticed my heels getting dry, even minor fissures there along the edges of my heel!

     With this new knowledge, I looked up what oils are known to be good for feet. I came across this great page and plan to buy a few of the oils suggested here:


Happy soaking and caring correctly for those wonderful feet of yours!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Practice Makes Perfect

For The Love of Feet

My Footcare Course Update